Candidates must have at least the following to be able to complete our course:
- Access to a Computer with Windows XP or newer and Microsoft Office or Open Office (can also use Google Drive)
- Internet Access
- A sound ability to read and write English (e.g. completed year 10 English or equivalent)
- Basic computer knowledge including:
- How to turn on/off the computer
- Using a mouse and keyboard
- Ability to browse the internet
- Ability to send emails with attachments
- Ability to type and print a word document
- Access to a printer and scanner is preferable, but not essential
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
From 1 January 2015, all students participating in Nationally Recognised Training in Australia will need to have a Unique Student Identifier, or USI.
This includes students completing an apprenticeship, skill set, certificate or diploma course.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account and will contain all of your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards. Your results will be available in your USI account in 2016.
When applying for a job or enrolling in further study, you will often need to provide your training records and results. One of the main benefits of the USI is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your life.
How to get a USI It is free and easy for you to create your own USI online at usi.gov.au.